Paneer Butter Masala..to butter your senses!
Paneer curries are quite a fav with my kids.Last day when I made Paneer Butter masala for them,Surjeeth was planning a photo shoot with the curry..while my little one was all tears thinkin that my camera was going to gobble up the curry 😀
Well here’s the recipe
2oog of Paneer
4 big tomatoes
3 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 large onions chopped
25gms of cashewnut paste
3 green chillies (julian cut)
2tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp of Kasuri methi powder/dry fenugreek powdered
1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp curd
Salt as needed
- Boil the tomatoes with water and on cooling peel the skin of the tomatoes.
- In a mixer grind the tomatoes into fine paste.
- In a heavy bottomed pan pour butter and slightly fry and seperate the paneer cubes till golden.
- In the remaining butter saute the onions till brown.Now add in the ginger garlic paste and cashewnut paste and saute for a minute.
- When well sauted add in the tomato paste.When it starts simmering add in the chilli powder,garam masala and kasuri methi powder.
- When the flavour comes out and simmers well , add in the fresh cream.
- Switch off the flame and granish with freshly cut coriander leaves and butter.
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator
aipiMarch 3, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Any paneer dish is my favorite n this one is super favorite..looks great with very tempting pics..YUM!!
PritiMarch 3, 2011 at 5:22 pm
Looks delicious and love the pics
NithyaMarch 3, 2011 at 6:17 pm
Drool worthy paneer butter masala. Its one of my most favorite dishes:)
First click is awesome 🙂
PriyaMarch 3, 2011 at 8:29 pm
Paneer butter masala makes me hungry, thats sooo vibrant and catchy..
HasnaMarch 4, 2011 at 6:33 am
superb!! luv to have ths at any time f the day…
Zia ElleMarch 4, 2011 at 3:24 pm
Lovely recipe dear!
Hari ChandanaSeptember 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Woww.. looks so delicious and perfect…
Palak PaneerDecember 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm
The gravy looks completely creamy and rich and of course yummy. I'd like to have this wonderful paneer for breakfast.
Comments are closed.