BANANA DUMPLINGS STEAMED IN COCOA LEAF
A snack with a hot mug of tea…is what most of us opt for when the clock ticks 4.The recipe that I am sharing here today is ada cooked in cocoa leaf.If you are quite familiar with Kerala recipes this is an other version of Chakka ada.
2 cups of semolina
5-6 small ripe bananas
1 cup of melted jaggery
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- Pour oil in a pan and fry the semolina lightly in 1tbsp ghee .Let it cool.
- When the semolina cools, add the grated coconut,ginger powder and pour in the jaggery syrup mixing all the ingridients well to make a soft dough
- Take a leaf and make a cone .Fill the dough in the cone and make a hole in its centre.Now secure the filling with the leaf tip.Similarly make the cones out of the leaves and fill them.
- Steam them for 15 minutes .
- Open up the leaf and they are ready to be devoured.
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator
Zia ElleMay 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm
So, this is your afternoon break! Delicious, brava Nimi!!
Nimi SunilKumarMay 8, 2010 at 4:23 pm
@lidia..ys this was the one tht I propped up as todays evening snack..thanks for the compliment dear!
Zia ElleMay 10, 2010 at 11:23 am
I've just made the order by PayPal to receive your book!!
I can't wait to receive it!!
AlisaMay 10, 2010 at 3:13 pm
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnonymousJune 29, 2010 at 4:28 am
Hi Nimi, Just found your blog thru Chaci's Kitchen. Thanks for sharing your recipes, they seem concise and easy to do.I cant get Cocoa leafs here, what can I use instead?
Regards, Mrs Singh from Malaysia
Comments are closed.