Kulfi is a super popular frozen Indian dessert. Its the Indian ice cream but is much denser and creamier than the regular ice creams. The word “kulfi” was derived from the Persian word for covered cup. Since kulfis are loved by kids, I had posted a Dates and Almonds Kulfi recipe earlier.
Coffee lovers are quite familiar with the cafe’ mocha. Being a true coffee lover, I just love trying out coffee flavored recipes. This was a recipe that I came across in a food magazine a few years ago and having a husband who is crazy on coffee …its quite fun to pop up with different flavors. So today’s recipe is Mocha Kulfi!
Here’s the video link to this frozen delight. Stay tuned and subscribe to my youtube channel for more recipes.
- 2 cups of milk
- 200ml of condensed milk
- 6-7 tbsps of sugar
- 2 tbsps of instant coffee powder or espresso powder
- (Instant Coffee Powder or Espresso Powder)
- 2 tbsps of cornflour
- Boil milk with sugar and stir in the coffee powder .Mix in the condensed milk.Add 3-4 tbsps of water to the cornflour to make a smooth paste .Pour it into the boiling coffee mix and continue stirring .Make sure to stick to stirring the mix as it can easily get quite lumpy .Once the mix starts thickening up , turn off the flame and pour it into kulfi molds or into a deep tray.Freeze the kulfis for about 4-5 hours .When you are trying to demold the kulfis , it best to slightly show it under hot water so that you can easily pull out the kulfi. In a tray you can slice them into cubes and dust with coffee powder before serving .
Its been like ages since I have posted …..really wanted to do a post for Childrens day…but couldn’t make it .As my kids had their always loved Kulfis. The past two months have been totally head raking for me classes, school , book , kids, home….things wouldn’t have been more or less worser with me being diagnosed with pneumonia…sheesh….. its like being chained …!!! The curtain raiser for the whole melodramatic experiences started off with Siva’s hand fractured…then with the viral and then with me all sick…hoping to get things sorted out and fine…
The kulfi recipe goes on to one of my students and dear friend ….Lindiwe Richer..sorry Lindi for being snail late..in posting this recipe…
- 2 cups of full cream milk
- 1 tbsp of corn flour made into a thick paste adding cold water
- ½ cup of chopped dates
- ¼ cup of almonds roughly chopped
- 4-5 strands of saffron
- Seeds of one cardamom
- 1 tin of condensed milk(400g)
- Mix in the milk and condensed milk and bring to boil.
- On boiling, reduce the flame to low stir in the corn flour paste, cardamom seeds,
- almonds, dates and saffron.
- Stir the mix on low flame till it thickens.
- Let it cool and pour into kulfi moulds and freeze till they are firm.
- Please take care while de moulding slightly pour hot water on it (take care that water
- doesn’t seep into the mold).