A few more days to go for the school spree to start off…and back to the busy bee schedules. It was wonderful to be at my hus’s house to celebrate Vishu. As usual a wonderful get together with my co-sisters nephews and nieces. Being married into a joint family the best part is when you all come under one roof for celebrations. Kids have a blastJ. Being in Munnar and getting used to the cool climate the hardest part of moving over to tropical parts of Kerala during the summer really gets on your nerves.
The start of Summer and you find Watermelons all piled up in most fruit shops and road sides. These bright red fleshy beauties makes you crave for more..Todays post is on Watermelon Popsicles..I have had the moulds for quite some time in my cupboard…..so the start of summer was a good excuse to set off my batch of popsicles..
- 2 cups of watermelon cubes desseded and de-skinned
- ½ cup of sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Blend the watermelon cubes, sugar and lemon juice in a blender to make watermelon
- Pour the juice in to the moulds and freeze them till they are set.
- Once freeze slightly pour hot water over the mould and de mould them by pulling the
- Enjoy licking and slurping over your watermelon popsicles…
The schools have all closed down for summer holidays……while most the schools have about two months of vacations ……we have just two weeks break before the start of the new year at school. We have our vacations during the monsoons (ie. During the months of June & July) …as going to school would be the most dreaded feeling when it rains cats and dogs. :P. The 4th of this month was our last working day at school .But I was all set for a rather new experience that was to take place on the 5th .Rushing back home after school and soon me and kids were all packing up and leaving Munnar to Perumbavur. A few days back I received a call from one and only prominent B-school in Kerala, SCMS school of Business studies-Cochin inviting me over to one of their program, Endeavour –Insights of Womenpreneurs (A one day workshop on Entrepreneurship) .I was a bit nervous on what my role would be there and on putting forth my query they answered, “We just want to know about your journey to success….”
Being at SCMS was an overwhelming experience and one among the most cherished moments of my life. Really appreciate the hospitality and positive ambience of the SCMS family .It was like stepping into a whole new world. It was a wonderful opportunity to share glimpses of my journey with the budding business magnets of tomorrow. I was so very much impressed with the atmosphere of this institute that I really wished for a moment to be a student… 😀
It’s been scorching hot in most parts of Kerala with the sun blazing out in full wave length and you just want to gulp down juices –an escapade from the heat. Today’s post is very much dedicated to a healthy &refreshing Mint-lime juice.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons (medium sized)
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- In a saucepan boil water with the sugar and stir till it dissolves to make thin syrup.
- Refrigerate this syrup till cool.
- Grind the mint leaves into a paste by adding water and squeeze out the juice through
- a sieve and separate.
- Stir in the lime juice and mint extract in to the sugar syrup and serve chilled with ice
- If you need more sweetness you can add in more sugar.