When the holidays wind up and kiddos are off to school the four ‘O’ clock menu gets up on the hit list.Feeding them with snacks at times really gets on my nerves…with a variety every day…:S
This recipe was one that I had written down sometime back..
1/2 kg chicken minced
5-6 green chillies chopped
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup of all purpose flour
1tbsp pea flour
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup pudhina (mint leaves) chopped
1/8 cup curry leaves chopped
2 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 medium sized potatoes mashed
salt to taste
Mix all the above ingredients with the minced chicken to make a dough.Flatten the dough on a cutting board with fingers and cut out shapes with a donut cutter.Deep fry these chicken donuts in oil till golden brown.
Serve them hot with tomato ketchup..
Happy Easter to everyone of u!
I hope u all must be enjoyin urselves..
Well my news here is that it was our wedding anniversary yesterday..hmm..its been 8 years nw..For a change my hus was ready to help me out in the kitchen with the menu ..mutton cutlets as appetizers and for lunch it was finalized with Vegetable Pulao and Mutton roast.For a touch of sweetness I made a Strawberry cake.The Mutton Roast is something that I love making coz its quite easy peasy and quite tasty too..
Heres the recipe..
1kg mutton(cut into pieces)
1 cup small onions crushed
2 green chillies julian cut
3/4 cup coconut pieces sliced
1tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp Coconut oil
2tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Black pepper powder
1tsp garam masala powder
2 large onions sliced
2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
Marinate the mutton pieces well and pressure cook the mutton with 2 cup of water till cooked.
In a kadai on medium flame, pour 2 tbsp of coconut oil .Add in the coconut pieces,1/4 tsp turmeric and a pinch of salt and fry them till golden brown.Now add in the crushed small onions with the slit green chillies and saute till the onions turn translucent.Lower the flame and add in the chilli powder and garam masala.Stir till an aroma comes.Add in the cooked mutton with the stock water in to the sauted masala and let it simmer.Simmer till the gravy becomes very thick.It goes well with Rotis and rice!
Hi foodies..its my late post for the “sweet punch” team.I have missed my blogging for the last two months.I couldn’t update mostly anything as I was quite packed with issues.Now the house maintenance is almost over and guess i can take a deep breath.But theres loads to be organised…
Heres the recipe for the Golden Onion Quiche!
For the pastry
1/4tsp baking powder
salt to taste
1 beaten egg
a few drops ice cold water
Sieve the flour,salt and baking powder together.Grate in the butter and mix it with flour and mix well with your fingertips till it resembles coarse sand.Add in the beaten egg and water and gather it into a soft dough.Roll it out on a lightly floured surface and lift it up carefully and line the tin(u can use a tart pan or a round pan)tht you will be baking it in.Mak up sure the dough comes a little way up the sides,so that it can fold the filling.
For the filling:
1/2 cup of boiled and shredded chicken / paneer(i used paneer)
250g chopped onions
1 cup milk
3 beaten eggs
salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil and fry the chicken/paneer till it is golden brown.Add onions and fry till it is carmelised.Switch off the flame,add milk,cheese , beaten eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.Pour in to pastry case and bake for 25 minutes till golden brown.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,fenugreek powder,garam masala along with salt and vinegar.Keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Coarsely grind the scraped coconut,large onions,ginger,garlic,black turmeric, fennel seeds , red chilli powder,turmeric powder, garam masala all together.
- After the time span mix the ground mixture well with the marinated chicken pieces.
- In a heavy bottomed wok on flame,pour 3 tbsp oil and add in the chicken mix.Stir and cover the vessel with a vessel keeping it on low flame.
- After 5 minutes you can see the water coming out from the chicken.Stir the chicken and close the lid again.Take care that the chicken doesnt stick to the wok.
- Repeat the procedure till the chicken is well cooked.If you feel that the chicken is sticking to your pan too much ..drizzle oil lightly on the sides of the wok and stir well.
- Stir till the chicken mix becomes dark brown.It took me an hour and half.
- Add the curry leaves and 1 tbsp of coconut oil over the chicken ularthu.
- Mix well and remove from flame.
Prawns..that was the one listed on my menu.Usually when I get ready to clean prawns,my younger ones cleans them before me …Ican say a bit more precisely that you can see flying prawns…In short after I finish up with the cleaning work he’ll be smelling “prawns!”
2 cups shallots sliced
2-3 green chillies (julian Cut)
1 piece ginger(finely cut)
3-4 cloves of garlic (finely cut)
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For marinating prawns
1/2 tsp yellow turmeric powder
1tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp vinegar
- Clean the prawns and marinate them with turmeric powder,chilli powder,garam masala powder,vinegar and salt adding a little water.Keep it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Deep fry and seperate the prawns.
- In the remaining oil ,add the finely cut garlic,ginger,fennel seeds,green chillies and saute them well.
- When the onions are translucent add the prawns and mix well.Add 1/2 cup of water and cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame.When the prawns are well cooked remove from fire.
- Now pour 2-3 tbsps of oil and saute the remaining sliced shallots with curry leaves till they change turn brown.
- Mix the fried onions with the cooked prawns.
- The roasted prawn is now ready to be served!
4 large onions sliced
3 green chillies
1 tomato sliced
1 piece Ginger
7-8 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp aniseed
a piece of cinnamon
1/4 cup pudina leaves chopped
3/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
1 coconut scraped
Salt to taste
- Wash and strain the basmati rice.
- Pressure cook the mutton pieces with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ,1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder ,salt and water.
- Strain out the mutton pieces and keep aside the stock water.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel on flame ,pour 2 tbsp ghee .Fry and seperate the strained rice.
- In a mixer grind the ginger and garlic to paste form.
- Extract coconut milk from the scraped coconut and mix it with the mutton stock water.
- In the same vessel pour 1 tbsp ghee with 2 tbsp oil fry the spices.Saute the onions,ginger garlic paste,green chillies(the green chillies are to be put without slitting.).Add tomatoes,curry leaves,pudina,coriander leaves and stir till an aroma comes.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,2 tsp chilli powder and 2 tsp Meat masala powder.Stir in the mutton pieces and rice.
- Add 4 cups of the coconut milk stock to the rice.
- Add salt on boiling,cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook on medium flame.On cooking the water would have evaporated .
- Marinate the chicken pieces with chilli powder,garam masala,coriander powder,curd and salt.Keep it for 1/2 an hour.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel pour oil fry and seperate the cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon and rice by adding the lemon juice.
- In the remaining oil add the crushed ginger and garlic,coriander leaves,green chillies and stir them well.Add the tomato pieces and stir it well.
- Now add in the chicken pieces and mix well pouringabout 1/2 cup of water.Cover the vessel with a lid and let it cook till it gets half tenderized.
- When the chicken is half cooked ,mix in the rice and spices ,pour the 6 cups of water and let it cook on low flame covered with a lid.
- When the rice is cooked the water would have evaporated completely.
- For garnishing you can fry sliced large onions,nuts and raisins in ghee and mix with rice.