Hi foodies..I’m back after my holiday break.July has been a month with heavy rains in Munnar.The holidays fly by with ease and I’m all over again in my busy bee schedule. Today’s post goes out to the Sweet punch team.The recipe for this month sought out for strawberries..but the sad prt was that I couldnt get hold of any to pop into my batter.So I thought of giving it a bit of twist.If you love a fruit blast for your kids heres one Banana Apple choco muffins..
Banana Apple Choco Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Place a rack in the center of the oven. Line a muffin pan with paper liners .
I bet there might be very few who might not crave for brownies.Me and my choco freak kiddos are all huge fans of the brownie family.This is one recipe that never fails to pop in my kitchen ….at least once in a week.When I’m short of lava cakes ..I make these brownies in my microwave..Spoon it into a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…yummmmm..Chocolate Bliss!
Now I’m gonna stop droolin..and here’s the recipe
1stick of butter(unsalted)
2 squares of unsweetened chocolate
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.Line a square baking pan with aluminium foil(make sure that at least 1 inch of the foil is overhanging the top of the pan.).Double boil chocolate and butter whisking occasionally until both are completely melted.Keep it aside to cool.
Combine all dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.Whisk together sugar and eggs and mix in the choco butter mix along with the vanilla essence.Mix in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.Pour batter into prepared pan and bake them until they are just set in the center.
Bake them for about 30 minutes and cool them on a wire rack.Flip the brownies on to a cutting board and separate the foil.Cut them into square..these can be stored in an airtight container for about 3 days.
The rest is all Chocolatey!:P
This year I have actually missed my blogging to a great extend.I’m trying to patch up… 🙂
Marble cakes and checkerboard cakes have always been my favs..Heres a recipe from Dorie Greenspan ‘s book..
2 cups and 2 tbsps of all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsps of butter at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F and butter and dust a loaf pan with flour.
- Whisk flour,baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter until smooth.Add sugar and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.Beat in the vanilla.Add in the flour mix in three seperate additions along with the milk.Donot overbeat.
- Now divide the batter equally and to one part add Cocoa mix(2tbsp of cocoa powder +1/4 cup of milk)
- Scrape both the batters in a loaf pan.
- I baked the cake for about an hour in my oven.Bake till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
This months challenge from the sweet punch team is “Molten Lava Chocolate Cake”.When I got my monthly recipe I was very much looking forth to try it out at the earliest…and there bingo!… we had a family get together.My parents and brother where comin over to our place for lunch.I have earlier made this drooling cake as cupcakes…the secret is that I couldnt actually find a nice set of ramekins here.Its hard to get these in Munnar…so I had to limit myself to glass bowls!The smell when u bake these gooey beauties..ahh..i still cant resist them.I’m glad that I chose this as a dessert with vanilla scoops for the get together.. i could see chocolaty smiles..the best smile was my little one’s..he simply loved it 🙂
Here’s the recipe..I’m sure you will all enjoy…:)
113gms of Semi sweet baking chocolate
113gm of butter
1/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
Butter for greasing the ramekins
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- In a bowl ,beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once chocolate melts,remove pan from heat and add in the butter and mix well till the butter melts and mixes well.
- Add the chocolate butter mix into the eggs and add all purpose flour and mix well till it is well incorporated.
- Butter bottom and sides of the ramekins and pour in the mix to about 3/4 full.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake them for 10 -15 minutes.
- If you dont like the gooey texture you can increase the baking time.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
These days its been raining cats and dogs !For the past two days I guess there’s been a twist in the weather.Its sunny(at least till afternoon)..so I thought I’ll go on for a Black forest gateau.Whenever I opt for an icing cake I usually have to be all eyes on my younger one coz he’s always there to tamper with the baked cake.Last day after baking a chocolate cake I was busy whipping cream…when I checked out my cake for spreading the cream my cake was dug up with a hole in the centre and he was laughing at me with the cake in his mouth..!!
For my black gateau I have used homemade strawberry wine instead of Kirsch .I had to do my topping with canned cherries..sigh..didn’t get fresh ones!
Black Forest Cake
For the cake
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1cup of icing sugar
100g of butter
1tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups of whipping cream
1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
For cake syrup
1/2 cup of water
7tbsp of sugar
2tbsp of strawberry wine or kirsch
- Sieve cocoa powder and flour together.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and sugar till it becomes creamy.Add vanilla essence to it and beat it again.
- To this beat in the cocoa-flour mix slowly till all the flour is well incorporated.
- Add the melted butter to it and mix well.
- Grease and lightly flour the baking tin .Now pour in the cake mixture.
- Preheat the oven at 180degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Cut the cake into three partitions carefully.
- Prick all the three cake partitions with a fork.
- In a saucepan on flame add in the ingredients for the cake syrup and bring it to boil stirring for about 10 minutes .
- Let the syrup cool and slowly pour the syrup over the partitions.
- Whip the whipping cream with sifted icing sugar to get soft peaks using a blender.
- Deseed the canned cherries as per requirement .
- Place the first part of the cake on a large plate and spread the whipping cream on to the cake.Now arrange the cherries on the cream .Now place the second partition on it and lightly press it.Repeat the filling process in the same manner and place the third partition on it.
- You can use the leftover whipping cream to cream the cakes outer part.Decorate it with chocolate curls and cherries.After decoration cool the cake in a refrigerator so that the icing sets.
Hi Lidia..this is for you.Sorry for not posting the recipe with the photos.I found this recipe while blogging .Thnx shabs for the chiffon cake recipe.They had mentioned it with the black chocolate mould..as the day i tried the recipe I was short of usual chocolates,I tried it up with milk chocolates.Here goes the recipe..
1 3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup chilled Butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup milk
a pinch of salt
For the cake moistening syrup:
6 tbsp sugar
10 tbsp water
- Heat oven to 180 degree celsius/Gas mark 4/350 degree Farenheit
- Cut butter to small cubes.In a large bowl, put chilled butter,sugar with a blender.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs(one by one) beating well
- Sift the flour 2-3 times.Add cocoa powder,baking powder,salt and baking soda to flour and mix well.
- Add dry mix to the egg mix ,mixing well.Add the milk and beat well.
- Grease a baking pan of 9 inches and bake it for 40-45 minutes.Cool cake on wire rack
- Heat sugar and water until sugar melts and syrup boils.Keep it aside.
- On cooling place the cake on a large dish and cut it into two layers.
- Sprinkle the sugar syrup on the cut cakes.Cover the cake in a plastic wrap and refrigerate
- To make whipped cream filling,add 1/4 tsp vanilla essence,2 tbsp sugar & 1/2 cup whipping cream and whip well.
- Spread the filling paste on to the cut layers and join them together.
- For the white chocolate topping:8 ounce of milk chocolate cut into small pieces,3/4 cup of whipping cream,2 tbsp butter
- Boil the whipping cream and pour it on to the chocolate pieces whipping it along with the butter until it becomes smooth.
- Spread the cream on to the cake evenly .For appearance you can decorate it with cherries..