Pineapple Sheera for Diwali !
Diwali or Deepavali the festive spirit always symbolizes the spiritual “victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance”. This was not a festival that caught a lot of attention in Kerala. But after marriage and relocating myself to Munnar the festive spirits have caught up. For the past many years have been making out a set of Indian sweets. This festive season I thought of sharing with you this quick sheera recipe.
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Puree
- 1 Cup of Semolina
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 3 TBSP of Ghee
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 Cups of Water
- A few Cardamoms
- Pour the Pineapple puree into a pan.
- Add 1 TBSP of sugar.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Keep this aside and heat some ghee into a pan.
- Add the semolina and saute for 5-7 mins.
- Now, keep this pan aside as well.
- Heat some water into a separate pan.
- Add one cup of milk and the sugar.
- Add the saffron and the crushed cardamoms.
- Add the sauted semolina next and mix well.
- Infact, keep mixing, till the mixture becomes thick.
- Next, add the pineapple puree and mix well.
- Transfer into a bowl greased with ghee and mould it on to a plate and garnish with
- pineapple pieces.
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator