Red red melony red!
A few more days to go for the school spree to start off…and back to the busy bee schedules. It was wonderful to be at my hus’s house to celebrate Vishu. As usual a wonderful get together with my co-sisters nephews and nieces. Being married into a joint family the best part is when you all come under one roof for celebrations. Kids have a blastJ. Being in Munnar and getting used to the cool climate the hardest part of moving over to tropical parts of Kerala during the summer really gets on your nerves.
The start of Summer and you find Watermelons all piled up in most fruit shops and road sides. These bright red fleshy beauties makes you crave for more..Todays post is on Watermelon Popsicles..I have had the moulds for quite some time in my cupboard…..so the start of summer was a good excuse to set off my batch of popsicles..
- 2 cups of watermelon cubes desseded and de-skinned
- ½ cup of sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Blend the watermelon cubes, sugar and lemon juice in a blender to make watermelon
- Pour the juice in to the moulds and freeze them till they are set.
- Once freeze slightly pour hot water over the mould and de mould them by pulling the
- Enjoy licking and slurping over your watermelon popsicles…
A homemaker who fell head over heels in love with food -an award-winning cookbook author, food blogger, award-winning culinary demonstrator