POTATO VERMICELLI BALLS
It’s been a couple of days since I blogged.After Vishu celebrations I was quite stuck up with a hectic schedule. I guess you all will find this snack refreshing..
4 medium sized potatoes
2 large onions finely cut in small pieces
3-4 green chillies diced
1/2 cup of vermicelli lightly crushed
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp yellow turmeric powder
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs scrambled
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes with 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt .Mash them well when they are well cooked.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat 1 tbsp oil and and saute the onions with green chillies.Stir till the onions turn light brown.Add the mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs and mix well.
- Add the chilli powder and the garam masala powder and stir well adding the bread crumbs before turning off the flame.
- When the mix cools make lemon sized balls .Roll the balls in the vermicelli and deep fry them in oil.
- Tomato ketchups go fine with these vermicelli balls.