WHEAT & SEMOLINA UNNIYAPPAMS
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup semolina
1/2 cup chopped coconut pieces roasted in ghee
1/2 tsp black seaseme seeds
2-3 ripe bananas mashed
1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/4 kg jaggery
- Heat the jaggery pieces in a pan with a little water and melt it.Strain the impurities and keep the syrup aside
- Mix the wheat flour,semolina,mashed bananas,seaseme seeds,coconut pieces,baking soda,dry ginger powder,salt along with the jaggery syrup adding water to get a batter of dropping consistency
- Pour and heat oil in an unniyappam pan .
- Pour the batter into each of the depressions in the pan
- Turn over the uniyappams with a fork so that all the parts are evenly golden brown in colour .